Achieve Services, Inc. is looking for a full-time Training Specialist – Direct Care, working with adults with disabilities in a work setting. The position is M-F 8:00-3:30 in our Blaine location. Applicant should have a positive attitude and be willing to work hard as part of a great team! Applications can be submitted online at www.achieveservices.org or emailed to Katie.email@example.com
Major Areas of Accountability:
- To provide meaningful tasks and activities so that participants are engaged in functional activities.
- Plan, set up and carry through with tasks in ways that assist participants increase their independence.
- To assess skills of, plan, write and oversee implementation of functional goals and objectives for program participants.
- Work in cooperation with specialists, consultants and others on staff in order to maintain consistency throughout the program day.
- Accept direction and supervision from Program Supervisor.
- Set up data collection systems, which accurately measure objectives.
- Collect, record and interpret data in a timely manner.
- Provide Training Assistants and substitute staff with work direction so that they are able to implement programs and procedures consistently, engage participants in functional activities and preferred interactions and collect accurate data.
- Maintain general work area so that it is safe and hazard-free.
- Complete written assessments on participants on the designated caseload in a timely manner, on work and independent living skills, and vulnerabilities at least annually.
- Present information to and request information from program participants’ residences, family members, county case managers, other Achieve staff and others in a way that stresses positive progress, enhances cooperation, maintains consistency and protects vulnerabilities and confidentiality of participants.
- Engage in preferred methods of interaction with participants to: promote confidentiality, increase independence, give positive feedback, provide information about ongoing or upcoming tasks and activities, encourage age-appropriate behavior and activity, offer choice and variety and minimizes crisis situations.
- Assist participants with eating, mobility (including lifting and transferring), dressing, toileting and other personal needs.
- Assure timely completion of attendance tracking and participant payroll.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others as part of a team.
- Ability to negotiate and find creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to be on time and work scheduled shift.
- Knowledge regarding developmental disabilities and effective techniques and practices commonly used to assist persons with disabilities increase skills in a variety of areas.
- Knowledge and skill regarding programming techniques and practices commonly used to assist persons with disabilities increase skills in a variety of areas.
- Knowledge of how to increase adaptive behavior skills and use of alternative forms of communication.
- Knowledge of word processing programs and use of computers.
- Ability to engage in a cooperative work style, encouraging teamwork and respect.
Education and Experience Needed:
A Bachelor’s degree in a human-services related field such as psychology, social work, music therapy, vocational rehabilitation – etc. with at least one year of related experience working with adults with developmental disabilities or a high school diploma or equivalent and at least five years experience working with adults with developmental disabilities.