SAVE THE DATE! Give to the Max Day is Nov. 13!
Achieve Services, Inc. will be participating in Give to the Max Day 2014 which takes place on November 13. Powered by GiveMN.org, Give to the Max Day asks Minnesotans to demonstrate their generosity by donating to their favorite charities and schools.
As a participating nonprofit, Achieve has the opportunity to procure prize grants and donors have the opportunity to win a “Golden Ticket,” meaning $1,000 will be added to their donation amount. There is also the opportunity to offer matching grants, which would encourage donors to give more by setting aside a pot of money that Achieve only receives if we hit a determined goal.
This year fundraising is more important than ever for Achieve with impending legislation that threatens to drastically reduce the funding that our programs receive. Currently, over 90% of Achieve’s operating budget comes from government sources. Our goal is to reduce that percentage significantly in the coming years and reduce our dependence on an unreliable and unpredictable legislature. In order to do so, we need your help.
What Do Your Donations Support?
All of your donation dollars will help us expand opportunities for people with developmental disabilities. Some of the programs that Achieve Services, Inc. is currently working on include:
- Achieve Clean Laundry Detergent, a new product that will be produced and distributed by people with developmental disabilities with 100% of the proceeds supporting job programs.
- A new CD for Achieve’s music group Dance at Your Own Risk and a program where Achieve participants visit special education classes at local schools and teach students how to make music on an iPad.
- Expanded opportunities for community outings and volunteering like Feed My Starving Children, Meals on Wheels, and more.
- Hiring more staff to accommodate expanded community jobs.
- Art supplies for Achieve’s art group and funding to continue turning artwork into cards, bookmarks, and other stationery.
Why Make a Donation?
In addition to supporting all of the great programs above and the 184 amazing participants who rely on Achieve Services every day, we have a special perk to offer this year. Anybody who gives over $50.00 will receive a customized “Thank You” video from an Achieve participant. When making your donation, be sure to include your e-mail address and we will send your video within 24 hours of your gift.
Example video coming soon!
How Else Can You Help?
2) In the weeks leading up to Give to the Max Day on November 13, share with your friends that you support Achieve Services, Inc. and plan to donate. Here are some sample messages:
Give to the Max Day is on November 13, 2014 and this year I’ll be donating to Achieve Services to help them grow job opportunities for people with disabilities. Join me, won’t you? https://givemn.org/organization/Achieveservices
COOL! Achieve Services, Inc. will be making a personalized “Thank You” video for anyone who gives $50 or more on Give to the Max Day! Consider supporting a great non-profit and 184 amazing adults with disabilities. https://givemn.org/organization/Achieveservices
Hey guys, an awesome nonprofit I support needs our help! Achieve Services is raising money on Give to the Max Day to support their job programs for adults with disabilities. Will you consider making a donation? Anything helps! https://givemn.org/organization/Achieveservices
Give to the Max Day is November 14 and this year I support @AchieveServices. Make a donation to help them: https://givemn.org/organization/Achieveservices #GTMD14
For #GTMD14, @AchieveServices will be making a customized “Thank You” video for anyone who gives $50 or more. Help them out now: https://givemn.org/organization/Achieveservices
Donate to @AchieveServices on #GTMD14 and help them grow job programs for adults with disabilities. Anything helps! https://givemn.org/organization/Achieveservices
Hello Friends and Family!
An awesome nonprofit that I support needs our help! Achieve Services, Inc. develops job programs and diverse employment opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities. They are participating in Give to the Max Day on November 13, 2014 to raise money to support their programs. This year they are at risk of losing some of their government funding, so they need donors to step up more than ever!
This year, anybody who gives $50 or more will get a personalized “Thank You” video!
Visit their page today and schedule a donation for November 13: https://givemn.org/organization/Achieveservices
Thanks for your help!
3) Consider offering a matching gift if you have the means. Contact Alex Carlson if you would like to set up a matching gift and your donation will only be accepted when donors step up and give an amount specified by you. (Example: You will give an additional $2,000 if individual donors raise that amount by 3:00pm on the 13th).
How Can You Donate?
1) Via our GiveMN.org page.
2) Via Achieve’s own website.
3) By mailing a check or money order to:
Achieve Services, Inc.
1201 89th Ave. NE #105
Blaine, MN 55434
(Be sure to mention”Give to the Max Day” with the donation.)
If you have other ideas on how to make Give to the Max Day 2014 a success, please let us know! We thank you for your support!